I love peanut butter. I love chocolate. Thanks to this recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker, you can enjoy both in these heavenly cookies! Be careful not to over bake them, as they can dry out quickly. This post is short and sweet…lots to do and Teen Mom 2 aka my guilty pleasure that I hate admitting i watch is on… (anyone else see that hilarious freduian slip by Kailyn and Joe)??
Enjoy! These are a quick bake that anyone would love!
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla extract, on medium speed. Beat in egg. Slowly add in flour mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips (I used a spatula for this part).
4. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (for easy cleanup!), and use a cookie scoop to drop 1-2 inch cookies on the sheets, approximately 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Don’t over bake!